12 May 2010

15 Months Old


Our little jockey is 15 months old! She continues to be such a joy. The past month hasn't brought about too many new developments but here is a quick update on our girl. I will not do a post like this again until 18 months... I doubt this is interesting stuff to most of you. ;)

Weight: 19.2 lbs (5th percentile)
Height:  28 inches (10th percentile)
Teeth:  Top four teeth have broken through and the second bottom tooth is on its way (5-6 teeth total)
Interests: books, going for walks, playing with friends, being outside, climbing on and off of her rocking horse, exploring and becoming more curious by the day
Language: saying about 5 words consistently and clearly (uh-oh, hi, bye, no, ma, da) but understanding far more than that
Eating habits: 3 great meals a day + 1-2 snacks ... favorite foods include pasta, french toast, beans/carrots, mashed potatoes, fruit
Bottle update: On daycare days, she drinks two bottles (morning and night). On days home with me, she wakes right up and has breakfast and just one bottle before bed. My plan is to eliminate the bottle entirely within the next month.
Sleeping: bedtime between 7:30-8 p.m. and sleeps until 7-7:30 a.m. ... solid bedtime routine of a bath and then a bottle and stories in the glider chair. Sometimes she falls asleep on me and I lay her down... most nights we rock for awhile and then I lay her in bed.
Personality: happy and easy-going... she does seem to get frustrated when we don't understand exactly what she wants. As she develops more language, I am assuming this will improve. I am trying to teach her more sign language to alleviate hers (and my) frustration. Kennedy gets along so well with other kids... she absolutely loves her little daycare. She could care less when I leave and often doesn't even care when I come to pick her up. This is a sure indicator that she is being well cared for there and this brings me immense peace of mind when I am at work. One of my favorite developments over the past month is an increase in her affectionate side. She is constantly coming up for hugs and kisses. She loves to come up and put her head on my shoulder. It might be my favorite thing in the world.
Six weeks of school left for me... then I am looking forward to the summer off with my girl!

No comments: