23 June 2011

Last Days

Today, I discovered that we have amazing morning light in our bedroom so I took advantage and snapped some black and white photos of my girl.

We are soaking up these last days, she and I, of just being she and I. Baby girl will be arriving soon- possibly as early as Tuesday so I am really trying to take advantage of my time with her. We have been snuggling and reading lots of books together. Today we went to the mall and shared a pretzel. We sat at the table like old friends chatting away.

She has changed so much these past few months... I knew she would but it is still amazing to watch. Back in October, when we found out I was pregnant, I can remember telling Sean "she will be so different by the time this baby arrives." And she is. She is inquisitive and bright and asks why about a hundred times a day. Her vocabulary is absolutely exploding and we hear new words and phrases everyday. She is independent and wants to do everything herself- "I do it myself, mama." From choosing her hair bows to putting on her shoes to getting her own cereal bowl... she wants to be in charge. And despite the recent temper tantrums and exertion of power, she is just a sweetheart. Full of hugs and kisses. I love it when she pats the spot next to her on the couch and says "sit mama, sit."
We are on the verge of a major change and though a part of me is so sad to say goodbye to this little family of three, I am equally excited to say hello to our family of four. I am excited for our daughters to meet.

1 comment:

Tara and Dale said...

simply beautiful, prita--the words, the sweet daughter, the morning light, the next sweet girl to join your family. very best wishes from us.